CBS published this 12 min. segment on the Millenial generation. I hope my students will watch it and post comments with their reactions to the video. What do you think? Is this an accurate description of your generation? How did you feel when watching the video?
Update: I’m embedding the video and asking com. theory students to view it. This segment is ripe for ideological criticism.
I promised my students I’ll make available a list of books about the “magic” public relations planning formula: GOST (Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Tactics).
So, here are my favorites:
Students often ask me about how to write a cover letter, so I thought I’d compile some tips & info:
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) has great resources about the cover letter writing process. Scroll halfway down the page to get to them.
- Advice and sample letters from the Career Center at Virgina Tech
- Clemson’s own Michelin Career Center has resources on resume writing. You can also make an appointment to have your resume critiqued.
A word of advice for students:
- don’t ask professors how to write a cover letter. There’s so much information out there, show me you can teach yourself. You’ll ask me later to write a recommendation letter, and all I’ll be able to think about is how you couldn’t figure out something as simple as how to write a cover letter…
- it’s OK to make an appointment and ask a trusted professor to look over your letter.
- do make an appointment with Career Services and ask them to critique your resume and cover letter. They’re much more tuned in to the market than professors.
For faculty: here’s a guide on how to write a letter of recommendation.